7 ways to kick start your day according to successful people
By Patricia Uyeh
Starting your day on a bright note fills you with the energy and momentum for the rest of the day. Life can pose as a bumpy roller coaster ride for a busy worker. It is best to adopt powerful morning habits to become mentally resilient all day. Here are 7 ways to start your day according to successful people:
1. Practise positive self-talk: Words are powerful. Channel your words to building and encouraging yourself. To start with, tell yourself how great your day is going to be. Before stepping out the door, repeat some positive affirmations to yourself.
2. Visualise tackling tasks: It is good to picture the end result but also bear in mind the process of undertaking the tasks. Just like the Olympic athlete champions, they do not only picture themselves at the finishing line, they also visualise themselves going through the motion of the race.
3. Work on hardest task: Prioritise your tasks starting with the hardest task first. One thing mentally tough people understand, is the discipline on working. Research shows that motivation and will power, is a finite resource that dwindles throughout the day. Start with the hardest tasks first.
4. Be relentless: Rather than believing that you have to get up early and head to a stressful job, start your day with the thought that you going to work is an opportunity to change your success and impact the world positively. When you start believing you are in control, then you will start to be in control.
5. Avoid comparisons: No matter what, there would be someone ahead of you and someone behind you. The rule is to get rid of comparison. Social media might stir up inferiority complex. The truth is,” the only person you should compare yourself to is the person that you were yesterday”
6. Pay attention to your health: Remember health is wealth. It is proven that being physically strong is an integral part of being mentally strong. As a busy employee, life can be messy but take time to go the extra mile of having a good meal and taking care of your body. This is a great investment to your body with benefits.
7.Make out time for family and loved ones: Even the busiest people in the world know that a part of staying mentally tough, means cultivating a meaningful life beyond the workplace. Whether it is a friend or family member, connecting with someone important to you kick starts the day on a bright note.