Why you should walk for at least 30 minutes daily
Do you know that walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health? Just walking 30 minutes daily can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance. It can also reduce your risk of developing conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and some cancers.
Sadly, some people are used to sedentary lifestyles and unaware of the health risks associated. Take time to walk for at least 30 minutes a day and your body would thank you.
Here are more reasons walking is good for you:
- It increases cardiovascular and pulmonary (heart and lung) fitness
- It reduces risk of heart disease and stroke
- It improves management of conditions such as hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, joint and muscular pain or stiffness, and diabetes
- It builds stronger bones and improves balance
- It increases muscle strength and endurance
- It reduces body fat.