On weight loss journey? This is why you’re not losing weight
You are probably on a weight loss program and you realize you are not losing weight or you are not losing as much weight as you expected.
The following could be some of the reasons:
*Not tracking your calories: Most times people just assume the number of calories they take in which may not be accurate. Keeping a food journal helps to track the exact amount of calories taken and helps to make a correction when necessary.
* Earning back the calories: Though exercise helps to burn fat, there are some exercises like weight lifting that helps build muscle which adds to the weight.
* Lack of Patience: Weight loss is a journey that takes time and patience, lack of patience will only make you give up and revert from a weight loss program.
* Not counting liquid calories: Liquids have calorie content which may even be higher than some solids depending on the content of the liquid.
Careful attention should be paid to carbonated drinks as they are high in calories
* Eating more than you think:
When eating we should be mindful of what we eat, we should be sure of the calorie content of whatever we are having. It is easy to gain weight from mindless eating.
* Overeating on weekends: Most people undo a whole week of clean eating with their overeating on weekends . This is a quick way to gain back weight. Portion control is still key even on cheat days.
Reflect on these points to see where you are probably missing it and retrace your steps