Low carbohydrate recipe to try this weekend
Low carbohydrate recipe is one of the highly researched food recipe today .
Mostly those on diet are looking for substitute to all the carbohydrate foods easily available in the Nigerian market.
Ketogenic is the latest trend in the Nigerian weight loss community.
They believe that with 5% of carbohydrates (carbs), 20% protein and 75% fats and portion control the body go into what is known as ketosis.
This enables the weight loss journey become more effective.
Below is a low carbohydrate recipe you can try this weekend.
Cauliflower fried “rice”
The rice here is in quote meaning rice was actually not used but the cauliflower is chopped ,diced and made to look like rice.
- 1 chicken breast
- 5-8 florets cauliflower (2½ cups “riced” cauliflower)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Red bell pepper (chopped)
- Green bell pepper (chopped)
- Yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 5 button mushrooms (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic
- Carrot Oil (for frying)
Direction for preparing cauliflower fried “rice”
- Place the chicken into a bowl. Add the garlic and onion blend, the blend of seasonings and mix till its well circulated.
- Allow to stand for about an hour so the mixture soaks into the chicken.
- Steam the chicken in a pot/frying pan without adding water or oil,stir continuously till its dry.
- Heat a tiny amount of the carrot oil in a frying pan or wok.
- When hot, add 1/3 of the chicken and stir till you see some browning on the sides of the chicken.
- Add 1/3 of the diced mushrooms, fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 each of the diced onions, green, yellow and red peppers. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 of the “riced” cauliflower. Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add salt if necessary and pour out to a bowl, pot or casserole.
- Repeat the process for the remaining batches of ingredients.
- You have a very tasty meal
Curated from allnigerianrecipe.com