I cried for a million and one reasons – Lepacious Bose on why she teared up the day she flew without a seatbelt extension
Nigerian Comedian Bose said she cried for several reasons the first day she didn’t ask for a seatbelt extension on board a flight.
Firstly it was out of gratitude for having lost weight as her weight made her feel ashamed each time she had to ask for a seatbelt extension while traveling.
She recounted several times she felt bad as a result of that.
According to her, she has flown 6 hours without a seatbelt as she didn’t want the other comedians with her to make fun of her.
She’d severally hold down her belt to pass the LASMA as her car seat belt was small for her.
With google photos reminding her of the photo she took on that day.
She cried again and decided to share the reasons she cried.
Posting photos of Herself crying, she wrote;
” No it is not a movie and no one died.
This was the first time I would travel in years without needing a seat belt extension!!!!!
I simply pulled the belt and it clicked and I broke down in the plane and cried…..oh how I cried…..i cried for so many reasons.
1. For the shame I felt for years everytime the plane crew handed the extension to me and the look people gave me.
2. I cried because I remembered traveling with a group of comedians (great guys) but I did not want then to make fun of me, I flew 6 hours without using a seat belt…… I could not bear to ask for extension and I acted like it was together.
3. I cried because I remembered how many times I held the seat belt in a car so that lasma would not stop me but the seat belt never connected so I just held it till I passed them.
4. I cried for a million and one reasons I can not write about…..
5. I cried because I remembered how many times I got to sit by the exit with leg room and i was politely told I was too overweight to sit there…..in case of an emergency it is assumed a big person will not move fast enough…… Hmmm….
6. I cried because I remembered various times I sat beside evil nasty people in planes who acted like sitting beside me was depriving them of oxygen……
Oh I cried. And when google photos popped this picture this morning I cried again……
Not because am sad or miserable but because am GRATEFUL!
NEVER AGAIN WILL I BE THAT WOMAN”