Best chicken scallopini recipe
Chicken scallopini can be cooked in a variety of sauces and flavors.
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.)
Freshly ground black pepper1/3 c.
all-purpose flour2 tbsp.
extra-virgin olive oil4 tbsp.
baby bella mushrooms, sliced1/2
onion, finely chopped2
cloves garlic, minced1/4 c.
white wine1/4 c.
low-sodium chicken broth
Juice of 1 lemon1/4 c.
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and halve each breast horizontally to yield two thin pieces. Season each piece with salt and pepper, then then dip each in flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook until deeply golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add to skillet butter, onion, and mushroom and cook until golden, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Stir in white wine, broth, and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, then let simmer until slightly reduced and thickened, 3 minutes. Stir in cream.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over to coat. Garnish with parsley before serving.