7 health benefits of eating cucumbers
Though considered a vegetable, cucumber is a fruit. It is low in calories and contain a good amount of water and soluble fiber, making it ideal for promoting hydration and aiding in weight loss.
Cucumbers have several health benefits to the body.These include:
- They are low in calories but high in water and several important vitamins and minerals. Eating cucumbers with the peel provides the maximum amount of nutrients.
- They contain antioxidants, including flavonoids and tannins, which prevent the accumulation of harmful free radicals and may reduce the risk of chronic disease.
- Cucumbers are composed of about 96% water, which may increase hydration and help you meet your daily fluid needs.
- they are low in calories, high in water and can be used as a low-calorie topping for many dishes. All of these may aid in weight loss.
- They may help lower blood sugar and prevent diabetes-related complications.
- They contain a good amount of fiber and water, both of which may help prevent constipation and increase regularity.
- They can be eaten fresh or pickled. They can be enjoyed as a low-calorie snack or used to add flavor in a variety of dishes.