#DIY: Refresh with home-made Zobo drink
Zobo is also known as hibiscus tea, made from dried Roselle plant flowers. This drink is can be home made; it is very nutritious and is usually the go-to drink on a very hot sunny day.It has a sour taste so add sugar to your taste.
There are many benefits of Zobo drink. They include:
- Remedy for cough
- Treats hypertension
- Promoting the growth of our DHA.
- Anti aging.
- Cures Insomnia.
- Prevents urinary tract inflammation and kidney inflammation.
- Fixing body metabolism and slowing down menopause.
- Eradicating TBC virus.
- Helps our digestive system.
- Aids weight loss.
- Increasing our stamina and immunity system.
- Detoxify the body.
- Decreases blood pressure, cholesterol and uric acid.
- Resolving cough, mouth ulcer and sore throat.
- Help relieve migraine.
- Smoothing our skin and reducing wrinkles
To make Zobo, here is what you need:
- 2 Cups of Zobo leaves
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 Ginger
Method of Preparation:
- Measure two cups of zobo/hibiscus leaves into a sieve.
- Rinse with cold water under a running tap.
- Slice orange and lemon, extract the juice, cut up the pulp and rind into quarters
- Add the zobo leaves and the orange and lemon extracts with cinnamon.
- Add 4-6 cups of water and boil with low heat.
- When the mixture starts to boil, take it off the heat and add a little ginger for that extra kick.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add honey and allow the mixture brew for 48 hours.
- Sieve contents out of the bowl. To add more water, add hot water to the sieved contents and add to the mixture.
- Return juice to fridge, or add ice cubes.
- Add sugar when serving.
- Garnish with orange slices.
And hey! Your Zobo is ready to drink…Serve chilled with food of choice.