Do you know How much water you need?
Water is vital to all aspects of life, it helps transport nutrients, lubricate joints, regulate body temperature, and provide structure to cells and tissues.
Your water needs depend on where you live, how active you are, what you eat and drink, your body size, and your age.
Though it’s commonly recommended that you consume at least 8 cups (64 ounces or 1.9 liters) of water per day, there is no universal recommendation regarding how much water you should consume per day.
Your water needs depend on many factors, including where you live, your activity level, diet, body size, and age.
As a general guideline, the National Academy of Medicine established the following recommendation for daily water intake from both foods and drinks for adults ages 19 and older:
Women: 91 ounces (2.7 liters) per day. Men: 125 ounces (3.7 liters) per day
These recommendations are based on the average intake of generally healthy people who are adequately hydrated.
Food accounts for approximately 20% of the recommended total water intake, with beverages like tea, coffee, water, juice, and soda accounting for the remaining 80%.