Italian baked chicken thighs
- ▢ 6-8 chicken thighs (3 lbs/1.3kg)
- ▢ 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ▢ 3-4 fresh sage leaves
- ▢ 1 tsp dried oregano
- ▢ 3-4 garlic cloves
- ▢ 2 tbsp olive oil
- ▢ 1 tsp kosher salt
- ▢ Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Pat the chicken skin dry with kitchen paper.
- Finely chop the fresh herbs and sprinkle over the chicken along with the oregano.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and rub it all over so it’s thoroughly coated in herbs and oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked turn on the broiler/oven grill and broil the chicken until the skin is extra crispy (2-3 minutes).
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes then serve with desired sides.
- Pat the skin dry – pat the chicken skin with a paper towel before starting this recipe. It gets rid of excess moisture and helps the chicken skin crisp up.
- Flavour combinations – feel free to switch up the herbs, spices and flavours as you like, this is such a versatile recipe. For some ideas try; lemon zest, parsley or red pepper flakes.
- Let the chicken rest – after cooking any meat especially chicken it’s important to let it rest after cooking otherwise it can dry out and a lot of the flavour in the juices will run out. Let the thighs rest for at least 5 minutes after cooking.
- Leftovers & freezing – leftover chicken will last well in the fridge for 3-4 days or can be frozen in an airtight container. Use leftover chicken in salads, sandwiches or soups.