Tips on how to grow longer and thicker lashes
By Patricia Uyeh
Thick lashes make the eyes a beauty to behold. Thick lashes makes the eyes attractive.Apparently, genetics, age,certain medical conditions, nutritional deficiencies, eye infections or even hormonal changes in the body contribute to scanty lashes. Do you know that rubbing your eyes roughly and not removing eye make up causes the lashes to fall off.
To check this issue,some women get their lashes fixed. Truth is, eyelashes can be grown naturally with home remedies. Below are ways to grow thicker and longer lashes.
1. Castor oil: Rubbing castor oil on your lashes before going to bed produce voluminous and lustrous lashes. It also helps to fight micro-organisms that hinder lashes growth. You can mix with a few drops of Vitamin E. Then rinse off with luke warm water the following morning.
2. Olive oil: This oil is rich in vitamin E and oleic acid that nourishes and adds volume to your eyelashes. It also helps keep the lashes dark. Apply olive oil to your lashes overnight and wash with lukewarm water the next morning.
3. Brush your lashes: This encourages blood circulation so that more nutrients reach the hair follicles. It also gets rids of dust and dirt particles to prevent clogged pores. Brush for 5 minutes daily until you get desired results.
4. Eyelid massage: This promotes the growth of your eyelashes. It also improves blood flow to the hair follicles. This add more nutrients to your hair follicles. Thus, hair growth is stimulated preventing thinning and breakage of your lashes.
5. Aloe Vera: It contains several vitamins and nutrients that promote growth of lashes. More so, it keeps the lashes moisturised. Apply aloe vera overnights and wash off the next morning. Do this consistently till you get the desired results.
6. Lemon peels: This can be used thicken the lashes.The peels are rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the growth of eyelashes. It can also be infused in olive or castor oil to help in enhancing the cleansing and stimulating properties of the oil.
7. Egg: It contains high proteins that create thicker and longer eyelashes. In addition, it contains biotin and B vitamins that play a major role in improving the overall texture of your lashes.Simply beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of glycerin until you get a thick, creamy texture.
Dip a cotton swab into this mixture and apply it on your eyelashes. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off using cold water.Do this three times a week.
8. Green Tea: It is very rich in flavonoids that stimulate the growth of your lashes. Prepare a cup of unsweetened green tea, and set it aside to cool down.Then use a cotton swab to apply the green tea on your lashes, from the roots to the tips.Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Do this twice daily for 2 to 3 months.
9. Coconut milk: It has protein and essential fats that can help you enjoy thicker, longer eyelashes. It will also add a beautiful shine to your lashes.
Dip a cotton swab in cold coconut milk and apply it on your eyelashes. Afetr 10 minutes, rinse off. Do this consistently until you get desired results.
10. Balanced diet: Nothing surpasses eating a healthy, balanced diet. This is indeed an important step to having fuller lashes. Just like the hair on your head, your lashes also need a good supply of vitamins and minerals to help them grow longer, thicker and stronger. Protein and vitamins A, B, C and E as well as iron, zinc, copper, magnesium and selenium are a must for hair growth. Do well to include plenty of fresh fruits like apples, guava, mangos, papayas, avocado and grapefruit in your diet.
Eat green vegetables and also add whole grains as well as protein-rich foods such as legumes, nuts, seeds and beans in your diet. Use extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil for your cooking as these oils contain healthy fats. Remember, moderation is the key.Also note that you should go with the remedy that works best with you as some may not apply for everybody and be consistent till you get desired results.