Perfect recipe and directions for banana pie
- Homemade pie crust (recipe makes 2 crusts; you can halve the crust recipe or freeze the 2nd half).
- 1 and 3/4 cups (420ml) whole milk.
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 large egg yolks
1/4 cup (30g) cornstarch
1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons (28g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
optional: sprinkle of ground cinnamon
1 cup (240ml) heavy cream
2 Tablespoons (15g) confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Add milk in gradually while stirring gently. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about 2 more minutes, and then remove from the burner.
- Stir a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, and immediately add egg yolk mixture to the rest of the hot mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes; remember to keep stirring. Remove the mixture from the stove, and add butter and vanilla. Stir until the whole thing has a smooth consistency.
- Slice bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell. Top with pudding mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes. Chill for an hour.