Simple recipe for bacon and potato soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, or to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, water, dill weed, salt, and pepper to onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender and water is almost all evaporated, at least 30 minutes.
- Stir milk and bacon bits into potato mixture; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir parsley into soup.