Cabbage casserole recipe to try out for the weekend
1 small head green cabbage
▢1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
▢8 tablespoons butter
▢salt and pepper
▢1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
▢1/3 cup mayonnaise
▢3 tablespoons melted butter
▢1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
▢1 sleeve Ritz crackers (about 30), coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Coarsely chop the cabbage. Melt butter in a large nonstick pan. Add cabbage and onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until it is partially cooked down.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cabbage mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together soup and mayonnaise. Spread mixture over cabbage.
- In a bowl, stir together melted butter, cheese, and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is browned.